Hospitalists provide primary care and specialized care to patients in hospitals, conduct research, and instruct others about nutrition and medical care. Successful candidates will be caring and knowledgeable. Avoid candidates who lack interpersonal or communication skills.
Interview Questions for Hospitalists
1. Describe your experience caring for hospitalized patients. Do you have a specialty?
Reveals more about work history.
2. Explain how you handle difficult situations with patients. How do you handle resistance?
Tests stress handling ability.
3. How do you ensure that nursing/support staff members understand and adhere to patient care plans?
Tests management skills.
4. You disagree with another physician about a patient’s care plan. How do you handle it?
Demonstrates communication skills.
5. Describe how you develop a care plan. What information do you use? Which tests do you order?
Tests job knowledge.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources