Hiring Managers are tasked with filling vacancies, typically within their own teams. To this end, Hiring Managers typically partner with staff in the Human Resources department to source and secure suitable candidates.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Hiring Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for a seasoned and diligent Hiring Manager to oversee the expansion of our team. The Hiring Manager should identify contemporaneous and prospective openings, interview suitably qualified applicants, and ultimately, extend job offers to the strongest candidates. You will also be required to promote retention by formulating orientation and mentorship plans for each individual.
To be successful as a Hiring Manager, you should be personable with a flair for negotiating and decision-making. Ultimately, a top-notch Hiring Manager will devise strategies to build capacity in exceptional candidates who lack a few of the preferred skills.
Hiring Manager Responsibilities:
- Pinpointing current and inevitable vacancies within the group.
- Creating job descriptions and proposed salary structures for each opening.
- Enlisting the support of Recruiters, who will source and vet applications initially.
- Creating and administering skills alignment exercises to further shorten the list of suitable candidates.
- Interviewing shortlisted candidates and selecting the most suitable individual.
- Extending a job offer to each prospective employee.
- Negotiating with candidates about job-related expectations and compensation.
- Overseeing incumbents' onboarding processes.
- Documenting and reporting on employees' performance.
- Implementing strategies to develop and retain employees.
Hiring Manager Requirements:
- Degree related to the vacancy which you will be filling.
- Prior experience as a Hiring Manager or a Recruiter.
- Commitment to the sustained expansion of your team.
- In-depth understanding of appropriate duties and compensation for each position.
- Familiarity with labor legislation.
- Excellent research skills
- Top-notch interpersonal, problem-solving, and negotiation abilities.
- Capacity to mentor and develop new hires.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources