The role of a Health Information Technology professional is to process and maintain the medical records of a hospital or clinic. Also known as Medical Records Technician, their core responsibility is to manage the information submitted by patients, doctors and healthcare specialists.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Health Information Technology Job Description Template:
We are looking for a diligent Health Information Technology specialist to join the records department of our medical facility. Your primary responsibility will be to keep all patient records private and up-to-date. Other duties include ensuring compliance with privacy laws, processing patient forms, and implementing an effective record system.
To be successful in this role, you should possess excellent knowledge of computers and health information systems. The ideal candidate will also be good at organization, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Receive and process patient forms, medical histories, and test results from medical professionals.
- Analyze the information collected to ensure that it is correct and accurate.
- Assess health records and insurance claims.
- Ensure compliance with confidentiality laws and regulations.
- Manage and update data for clinical databases and registries.
- Use classification software to allocate appropriate clinical codes for insurance compensation and data examination.
- Implement an effective electronic health record system.
- Bachelor’s degree in health information technology or relevant field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a medical record department.
- Excellent research, coding, and analytical abilities.
- In-depth knowledge of computers and information systems.
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources