Interview Questions for Head Cooks:
1. Can you describe a dish you created for which you have received recognition?
Demonstrates the candidate's creativity in the kitchen.
2. If a cook ruins a dish and you are under pressure, how do you deal with the situation?
Assesses the ability of the candidate to remain calm under pressure.
3. What do you do to stay up to date with the latest culinary trends?
Highlights the candidate's willingness to stay ahead of food trends.
4. How do you deal with a customer who finds fault with your food?
Reveals the candidate's ability to accept criticism, as well as their conflict-resolution skills.
5. How do you ensure that the kitchen is in line with the current standards of hygiene?
Determines the emphasis placed by the candidate on sanitation and hygiene.