Hadoop Developers design and develop Hadoop applications to manage a company’s Big Data infrastructure. Their job is to analyze the needs of the company and develop applications to effectively store and manage large data collections.
When interviewing Hadoop Developers, suitable candidates will have in-depth knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem, high-level programming skills, and advanced project management skills. Be wary of candidates with limited knowledge of back-end languages and those who display poor analytical skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Hadoop Developers:
1. What is your understanding of Big Data?
Reveals the candidate’s knowledge of data systems.
2. What is the benefit of using the Apache Hadoop framework for data storage?
Demonstrates an understanding of Hadoop and its features.
3. What is the procedure when NameNode is down?
Reveals a basic understanding of data system retrieval procedures.
4. What coding languages are you most familiar with?
Highlights the candidate’s knowledge of programming languages and reveals knowledge gaps.
5. What Hadoop applications have you developed in the past?
Highlights the candidate’s previous work experience and skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources