Interview Questions for Grips:
1. Why did you want to work as a grip in the film or television industry?
Reveals the candidate’s character and inherent skills.
2. What information is required when designing a set backdrop?
Demonstrates the candidate’s communication and design skills.
3. Why do you think it is important to understand lighting concepts when setting up camera rigging?
Reveals a deeper knowledge of cinematography and shot design.
4. What safety checks should be conducted on rigging equipment before use?
Reveals knowledge of industry rigging procedures.
5. What was the most complex set you designed and built in your previous work?
Reveals previous work experience and highlights relevant skills.