Glaziers are professional artisans who specialize in working with glass. They are mainly responsible for cutting, measuring, and installing glass or mirrors in window frames, skylights, display cases, showers, bathtubs, solariums, and other structures.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Glazier Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a talented and professional Glazier to measure, cut, and install glass fittings in homes and businesses. A Glazier’s responsibilities include working with blueprints to cut glass to specifications, assembling and fitting glass in shop windows, sliding doors, display cases, bathroom units, and other home or commercial structures.
To be successful as a Glazier, you should have detailed knowledge of the glass manufacturing and cutting process, have good eye-hand coordination, be able to lift heavy objects, and have excellent communication skills. Ultimately, a top-notch Glazier provides a positive customer experience while constantly meeting high professional standards.
- Interpreting blueprints to determine the shape, size, color and thickness of glass for installation procedures.
- Measuring and marking lines or patterns on glass before cutting.
- Cutting glass to size and specifications in the workshop and on the job site.
- Measuring, cutting and fitting anti-glare film to glass if required.
- Loading glass or mirror fittings onto delivery trucks for transport to job site.
- Driving trucks to job sites and unloading glass and materials.
- Fabricating and installing moldings for glass installation.
- Cutting and removing broken glass prior to new installation.
- Operating hoists or cranes with suction cups to lift heavy glass units.
- Cleaning the job area once glass has been installed and the client is satisfied.
- High school diploma.
- A valid Glazier certification from the National Glass Association.
- 3+ years working as a Glazier or commercial Glazier.
- Ability to lift heavy objects.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Good communication skills.
- Professional appearance.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources