Geologists are earth scientists who study the structure, physical characteristics and composition of the earth. They examine rocks, minerals and the composition of the earth’s crust; locate oil, gas and mineral deposits; and assist engineers with critical land information prior to construction.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Geologists Interview Questions
1. How have you used modern methods of geology to make your work easier?
This illustrates the candidate’s willingness to learn and implement modern methods.
2. What do you emphasize when evaluating geological data for the purpose of a written report to government?
This illustrates the candidate’s ability to write informative and accurate reports.
3. What procedure do you follow to collect and analyze mineral samples for the purposes of developing new methods?
This indicates the candidate’s ability to effectively conduct research.
4. What is the most challenging aspect of ensuring that workers adhere to safety and compliance regulations?
This illustrates the candidate’s problem-solving ability.
5. How did you handle a situation where a member of management disagreed with your scientific research?
This illustrates the candidate’s ability to resolve conflict and use geological knowledge to influence decision-makers.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources