French Teachers provide language instruction to students. They may work in traditional settings or digital environments, teaching students how to speak and write in French. French Teachers develop lesson plans, monitor student progress, and provide helpful feedback for improvement.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
French Teacher Job Description Template
We are searching for a reliable and enthusiastic French Teacher to join our team. The French Teacher will be tasked with teaching students how to speak and write in French, developing a range of assessments including written and oral tests, and creating an overall positive learning experience. You should be able to work with students who have different capabilities and interests.
To be successful as a French Teacher, you should demonstrate patience, passion, and excellent analytical skills. Outstanding candidates are able to identify students’ strengths and weaknesses and take an innovative approach to language teaching.
French Teacher Responsibilities:
- Assessing the capabilities of the students and developing appropriate lesson plans and curricula.
- Pronouncing words and phrases and explaining their meanings to students.
- Conducting research to develop appropriate learning materials, language games, and other teaching aids.
- Using both in-class activities and online resources and platforms to create a blended learning environment.
- Teaching the various tiers of French to students.
- Developing and grading informal and formal written and oral assessments.
- Scheduling feedback sessions with students and providing extra support or enrichment activities as required.
- Making recommendations to students for further learning and development.
- Organizing conversational classes and fun events where students can engage with French culture.
- Updating records and handling various administrative duties.
French Teacher Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in French Language or Literature.
- Degree in Education or a teaching certificate may be required.
- Proven proficiency in oral and written French.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Patience and resilience.
- Innovative thinking.
- Good administration skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources