Flu Shot Nurse Job Description Template
We are looking for a skilled flu shot nurse with a broad understanding of vaccine safety procedures to administer vaccinations at our healthcare facility. You will be responsible for keeping a record of patients' vaccinations and the vaccines' proper storage. You will also monitor patients' reactions to the shots they received.
To be successful as a flu shot nurse, you must have an outstanding ability to keep patients, especially children, calm and have an excellent knowledge of the vaccination protocol set out by the Centre for Disease Control. A good flu shot nurse provides emotional support to patients and keeps all patient information confidential.
Flu Shot Nurse Responsibilities:
- Administering flu shots to patients.
- Drafting immunization programs for patients, schools, and clinics.
- Monitoring patients' reactions to vaccinations during the administration of shots.
- Implementing and adhering to infection-control policies and procedures.
- Keeping patients calm and establishing trust.
- Providing advice and emotional support to patients.
- Complying with recordkeeping and reporting standards as set out by the CDC and the healthcare facility.
- Ensuring that flu vaccinations are stored correctly and securely.
- Maintaining the inventory of supplies needed to administer the shots.
Flu Shot Nurse Requirements:
- An associate degree in nursing.
- A nursing license as required by the state.
- Prior experience as a flu shot nurse.
- Wide knowledge of flu vaccinations, safety procedures, and storage protocols.
- Patience and compassion for patients with physical, mental, and emotional issues.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- The ability to work long shifts.