Floral Designers create arrangements of fresh or artificial flowers that are typically purchased by customers for special occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, and funerals. Floral Designers may be self-employed or work in floral shops or grocery stores.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Floral Designer Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a creative Floral Designer to design, create, and sell standard and customized floral arrangements to customers. The Floral Designer's responsibilities include advising customers on suitable floral arrangement selections, wrapping completed floral arrangements, unpacking and organizing deliveries, and ensuring that the floral shop is clean and well-organized. You should also be able to participate in various exhibitions to attract customers.
To be successful as a Floral Designer, you should keep abreast of emerging styles and trends in floral design. Ultimately, an exceptional Floral Designer should be able to demonstrate excellent organizational skills and ensure that ordered floral arrangements are delivered to customers in a timely manner.
Floral Designer Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that flowers are properly watered and stored to prevent wilting.
- Selecting and arranging flowers and decorative items to create standard and customized floral arrangements.
- Serving in-store customers and processing payments.
- Maintaining an adequate supply of wires, foams, ribbons, tapes, and other decorative supplies.
- Ordering fresh flowers from wholesalers and growers as required.
- Maintaining an accurate record of floral arrangement orders, special requests, and delivery information.
- Advising customers on the proper care and maintenance of their selected floral arrangements.
- Consulting with clients to determine their preferences and specifications before designing customized floral arrangements.
Floral Designer Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Certification from the American Institute of Floral Designers is advantageous.
- Proven floral design experience.
- Sound knowledge of different flower types, arrangement styles, and flower conditioning.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Artistic and creative.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources