Finance Director Interview Questions
1. How do you keep up to date with changes in financial sector trends?
Look for candidates that subscribe to various financial publications. Candidates should also demonstrate research capabilities and a willingness to constantly improve and update their financial knowledge.
2. What size budgets have you worked with, and what do you find challenging about budgeting?
Look for candidates that demonstrate good budgeting experience. Candidates should also highlight challenges and problem-solving skills.
3. What are the key elements to successful financial planning and budgeting?
Look for candidates that demonstrate the ability to prioritize activities that support overall business goals. Also, candidates should demonstrate their talent for working with numbers.
4. What measures do you use to assess an organization's financial performance?
Look for candidates that demonstrate good analytical skills. Also, look for candidates that use accurate metrics to measure performance.
5. How do you ensure that regulations and policies are fully complied with by the finance department?
Look for candidates that demonstrate an extensive understanding of accounting and finance regulations. The candidate should also demonstrate an ability to monitor and guide accounting personnel.