Also known as Directors of Finance or Directors of Financial Planning, Finance Directors are tasked with managing all financial operations, reporting on revenue, training accounting staff, monitoring expenditure, budgeting, implementing policies, and directing financial strategy.
The ideal candidate must possess strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, exceptional leadership qualities, superior knowledge of accounting principles, and good interpersonal skills. Be wary of candidates with poor organizational skills, limited knowledge of regulations and policies, and limited knowledge of business operations.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Finance Director Interview Questions
1. How do you keep up to date with changes in financial sector trends?
Look for candidates that subscribe to various finance publications. Candidates should also demonstrate research capabilities and a willingness to constantly improve and update their financial knowledge.
2. What size budgets have you worked with, and what do you find challenging about budgeting?
Look for candidates that demonstrate good budgeting experience. Candidates should also highlight challenges and problem-solving skills.
3. What are the key elements to successful financial planning and budgeting?
Look for candidates that demonstrate the ability to prioritize activities that support overall business goals. Also, candidates should demonstrate their talent for working with numbers.
4. What measures do you use to assess an organization's financial performance?
Look for candidates that demonstrate good analytical skills. Also, look for candidates that use accurate metrics to measure performance.
5. How do you ensure that regulations and policies are fully complied with by the finance department?
Look for candidates that demonstrate extensive understanding of accounting and finance regulations. Candidate should also demonstrate an ability to monitor and guide accounting personnel.