Field Investigators, also known as Private Investigators, perform surveillance for law enforcement agencies or private clients. They are hired to observe a given situation, investigate a case, and provide physical evidence to validate the nature of happenings for a client.
Field Investigator Job Description Template
We are looking for a skilled Field Investigator to join our investigation agency. In this role, you will be required to consult with clients on the nature of the investigation needed, conduct field investigations and surveillance, record interviews, and present evidence-based reports. You may also be required to solve cases for law enforcement agencies and validate insurance claims.
To ensure success as a Field Investigator, you should have in-depth knowledge of investigative techniques, strong analytical skills, and a good eye for detail. A top-notch Field Investigator works quickly and efficiently to provide clients with unequivocal evidence of the event or circumstances being investigated.
Field Investigator Responsibilities:
- Meeting with clients to discuss the nature of the investigation.
- Conducting online research.
- Conducting field investigations on appointed cases, insurance claims, or client requests.
- Analyzing evidence reports.
- Interviewing witnesses and related parties.
- Collaborating with industry experts.
- Conducting photographic and audio surveillance.
- Solving cases and authenticating insurance claims.
- Writing reports and providing clients with evidence to support their claims.
Field Investigator Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Forensic Science or similar field.
- State investigative license.
- Proven work experience as a Field Investigator.
- Advanced surveillance skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel and work irregular hours.
- Advanced photography and computer skills.
- Ability to write detailed reports.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources