Executive Secretary Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an executive secretary with exceptional administrative and clerical skills. Executive secretaries are expected to multi-task and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
To ensure success, executive secretaries should be organized, have superb research skills, and must be exceptional communicators with a keen interest in providing reliable and accurate support to executives and management while working with confidential information. Top candidates will possess incredible problem solving and office coordination skills, and exhibit excellent time management.
Executive Secretary Responsibilities:
- Performing accurate research and analysis.
- Coordinating arrangements, meetings, and/or conferences as assigned.
- Taking dictation and writing correspondence.
- Compiling, proofreading, and revising drafts of documents and reports.
- Daily record keeping and filing of documents.
- Preparing reports, presentations, and correspondence accurately and swiftly.
- Creating and organizing information, and generating reference tools for easy use.
- Answering and screening telephone calls, and responding to emails, messages, and other correspondence.
- Operating and maintaining office equipment.
- Managing a busy calendar, meeting coordination, and travel arrangements.
- Professionally greeting and receiving guests and clients.
- Ensuring efficient and effective administrative information and assistance.
Executive Secretary Requirements:
- Degree in business administration (desirable).
- Certificate in business administration or related (essential).
- 2 years of experience in an executive support role.
- Methodical thinker with detailed research proficiencies.
- Thorough understanding of clerical and secretarial principles.
- Strong knowledge of databases and tracking systems.
- Fantastic organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Brilliant written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, and business communication software.