Emergency Room (ER) Nurses are critical care medical practitioners who help doctors in medical emergencies. ER Nurses are expected to assist doctors, perform minor medical operations and treat patients experiencing critical injury, allergic reactions or trauma
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
ER Nurse Job Description Template
We are looking for highly organized, compassionate candidates to work as ER Nurses. ER Nurses are the first line of defense when responding to patient injuries, trauma or allergic reactions. They are always prepared to respond to emergencies, assist doctors in emergency medical care and ensure a high quality of nursing standards are maintained, among other duties.
Moreover, ER Nurses are required to remain calm under pressure, display sound decision-making skills and be attentive to patient needs.
ER Nurse Responsibilities:
- Being ready to respond and equipped to deal with a medical emergency.
- Quickly assessing patient needs.
- Treating critical injuries, allergic reactions and trauma.
- Performing minor medical operations.
- Cleaning wounds.
- Drawing blood.
- Maintaining emergency room care standards.
- Assisting with insurance paperwork.
- Ensuring the efficiency of the patient check-in process.
- Displaying strong decision-making skills in emergency scenarios.
ER Nurse Requirements:
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) certification and Crisis Prevention and Intervention (CPI) certification advantageous.
- Able to work under high pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources