Environmental Specialists are experts who monitor the impact of a population on the environment, identifying environmental issues and recommending solutions. Their chief goal is to improve the living conditions of the environment. They ordinarily work in power plants or chemical plants.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Environmental Specialist Job Description Template:
We are looking for a qualified Environmental Specialist to join our dynamic team. In this position, you will be responsible for performing field inspections, designing employee training programs, preparing detailed reports, and analyzing tests samples.
Our ideal candidate will be a qualified expert with an excellent understanding of environmental and natural sciences. All candidates will demonstrate outstanding communication skills, with an aptitude to understand and interpret data. Your ultimate goal will be to ensure our compliance with federal, state, and local regulations related to hazardous environments.
- Oversee field examinations and report hazardous locations and materials.
- Maintain management information systems which identify the location of hazardous sites, chemical inventories, and complaint investigations.
- Develop and recommend solutions to eliminate pollution and environmental hazards.
- Design and implement effective employee training programs.
- Collect and analyze test samples of food, soil, water, and air.
- Perform research and report your findings on the current environmental conditions.
- Prepare clear and detailed written reports about field inspections.
- Implement spill prevention programs and hazardous waste regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science or relevant field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements, interpretations, and health and safety programs.
- Aptitude to solve problems quickly with advanced conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding analytical abilities.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources