Elevator Mechanics are responsible for installing, testing, and servicing elevator systems. They usually work for elevator manufacturing companies and may also be required to service and repair mechanical walkways as well as escalators in malls and office buildings.
When interviewing Elevator Mechanics, suitable candidates will have in-depth knowledge of mechanical elevator systems, good troubleshooting skills, and the ability to work independently. Be wary of candidates with limited electrical knowledge and those who are unable to work after hours.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Elevator Mechanics:
1. What skills do you think elevator mechanics need to be successful?
Reveals the candidate’s understanding of the position and highlights necessary skills for the trade.
2. How would you diagnose a mechanical malfunction with a moving walkway?
Reveals more about the candidate’s troubleshooting skills.
3. How do you ensure a job is completed on time?
Demonstrates the candidate’s time management skills.
4. What is your experience working with electrical systems?
Reveals areas of expertise and highlights gaps in knowledge.
5. What was the most advanced elevator system you installed or repaired in your previous work?
Highlights the candidate’s skills and previous work experience.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources