Interview Questions for Elevator Mechanics:
1. What skills do you think elevator mechanics need to be successful?
Reveals the candidate’s understanding of the position and highlights necessary skills for the trade.
2. How would you diagnose a mechanical malfunction with a moving walkway?
Reveals more about the candidate’s troubleshooting skills.
3. How do you ensure a job is completed on time?
Demonstrates the candidate’s time management skills.
4. What is your experience working with electrical systems?
Reveals areas of expertise and highlights gaps in knowledge.
5. What was the most advanced elevator system you installed or repaired in your previous work?
Highlights the candidate’s skills and previous work experience.