Electrical Estimators are responsible for estimating the approximate cost of the materials, labor, and overheads required for various electrical installations. They prepare project bids and determine the profitability of various electrical projects.
When interviewing Electrical Estimators, the most suitable candidate will demonstrate attention to detail, strong analytical skills, and sound knowledge of electrical codes. Be wary of candidates who have low energy as well as poor communication and problem-solving skills.
Interview Questions for Electrical Estimators:
1. What information would you require from a blueprint to determine the electrical needs of a project?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge, ability to interpret blueprints, analytical skills, and experience.
2. What additional factors should you take into consideration when estimating project costs?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge, analytical skills, and experience.
3. What would you do if you and a colleague were in disagreement over a pertinent aspect of an electrical project?
Demonstrates the candidate's communication, conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills.
4. How do you prevent major inconsistencies between estimated and actual project costs?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge, attention to detail, analytical skills, and experience.
5. What are the most effective ways to reduce project costs?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources