Electrical Drafter Job Description Template
We are seeking a skilled electrical drafter to join our company. In this role, you will be required to meet with clients and engineers to determine the project specifications, design technical wiring blueprints, and oversee the installation and construction of electrical systems.
To ensure success as an electrical drafter, you should possess excellent mathematical abilities and a keen eye for detail. Ultimately, a top-notch electrical drafter should have detailed knowledge of a variety of electrical systems and excellent problem-solving abilities.
Electrical Drafter Responsibilities:
- Meeting with clients and engineers to determine the project requirements.
- Conducting site studies to determine power needs and functional requirements.
- Creating technical wiring and power layout diagrams and specifications sheets.
- Estimating the required power generation and consumption needs.
- Calculating the amount of materials and equipment needed.
- Generating technical specification documents, installation guides, and user manuals.
- Ensuring that the electrical plans meet all regulatory and safety requirements.
- Overseeing the installation and construction of electrical equipment and systems.
- Inspecting and testing installed electrical systems to ensure their functionality and safety.
- Resolving any electrical planning issues and developing effective solutions.
Electrical Drafter Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in electrical drafting, drafting design, electrical engineering, or similar.
- A minimum of two years' experience as an electrical drafter.
- American Design Drafting Association (ADDA) certification is preferred.
- Proficiency with CAD software, such as AutoCAD, Revit, and SolidWorks.
- Excellent understanding of a range of electrical generation and transmission systems.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical safety regulations, building codes, and health standards.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and managerial skills.
- The ability to stay up to date with the latest developments in electrical systems and best practices.
- Strong communication skills and collaborative abilities.