Dog Handlers are responsible for training or conditioning dogs for a specific purpose. They may train dogs to be more obedient, perform rescue missions, detect contraband substances, or protect property.
When interviewing Dog Handlers, the most suitable candidate will demonstrate enthusiasm, the ability to handle different breeds and sizes of dogs, and a love for dogs. Be wary of candidates who have low energy as well as poor problem-solving, communication, and organizational skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Dog Handlers:
1. How would you handle aggressive dogs?
Demonstrates the candidate’s knowledge of animal behavior, ability to handle difficult situations, problem-solving skills, and experience.
2. What would you do if you suspected a dog owner of abusing or ill-treating their dog?
Demonstrates the candidate’s ability to handle difficult situations as well as their problem-solving and communication skills.
3. How would you train a naturally docile dog to protect property?
Demonstrates the candidate’s ability to evaluate dog behavioral patterns, knowledge of animal behavior, and experience.
4. What measures would you take to prevent fighting between dogs during socialization times?
Demonstrates the candidate’s industry knowledge, observation skills, and experience.
5. What would you do if a dog was not making much progress on a particular training program?
Demonstrates the candidate’s industry knowledge, problem-solving skills, and experience.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources