Distributors are employed by businesses to manage stock and goods. They maintain excellent product knowledge, ensure that quality goods are received, and establish networks with clients, suppliers, and vendors.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Distributor Job Description Template
We are searching for a reliable Distributor to join our team. The Distributor’s responsibilities include negotiating with vendors and suppliers, inspecting and receiving goods, conducting market research, and updating records. You should be able to identify new business opportunities and also provide staff training.
To be successful as a Distributor, you should be able to improve relationships with suppliers and keep abreast of market trends. Outstanding candidates should be friendly, well-organized, and able to focus under pressure. Be wary of those who overlook important details.
- Sourcing stock and negotiating the best deals with suppliers and vendors.
- Overseeing the delivery, loading, and unloading products and goods, and ensuring they are safely transported.
- Conducting stock inspections in a timely manner and reporting any issues to the relevant parties.
- Scheduling workshops with new staff and sales representatives.
- Conducting research on market trends and attending product launches and networking events.
- Assisting with the planning of product launches and brand events.
- Performing regular inventory checks and maintaining stock levels.
- Following up with potential clients and offering top-notch customer service.
- Moving more products and securing new clients each month.
- Arranging meetings with suppliers and developing more effective marketing strategies.
- High school diploma or GED.
- A Degree in Marketing, Business, or an equivalent would be an advantage.
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills.
- An eye for detail and the ability to identify inferior products.
- Resilience and a high degree of professionalism.
- Strong multitasking abilities.
- Excellent negotiation and networking skills.
- Good time management and the ability to collaborate with others.
- Excellent record-keeping skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources