Interview Questions for Directors of Business Development:
1. What are the advantages of working toward targets?
Demonstrates the candidate's analytical skills, business know-all, and experience.
2. How would you go about securing a strategic partnership?
Reveals the candidate's persuasiveness as well as communication and negotiation skills.
3. What would you do if company executives had conflicting opinions regarding a new business opportunity?
Highlights the candidate's communication, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
4. Why is it important that directors of business development understand consumer buying patterns?
Shows the candidate's industry knowledge, analytical skills, and experience.
5. How would you differentiate between business development and sales?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge and analytical skills.