Also known as Development Associates, Development Assistants are tasked with advising on operating procedures, planning fund-raising programs, engaging with support agencies, promoting special events, creating development calendars, maintaining databases, and preparing prospect materials.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Development Assistant Job Description Template
We are searching for a dedicated and socially conscious Development Assistant to assist our organization's development team in creating and implementing strategies that ensure sustainability and organizational growth. Duties for the Development Assistant will include preparing progress reports, drafting proposals, engaging with potential donors, tracking contributions, preparing and managing mailing lists, assisting with event planning, liaising with consultants, assisting with volunteer programs, driving community empowerment initiatives, ensuring timely acknowledgment of contributions, coordinating workshops, tracking revenue and expenditure, drafting outreach strategies, assisting with social media activities and updates, and assembling media kits. Your expertise in supporting development efforts will assist our organization in improving business opportunities, strengthening relationships with clients and donors, streamlining development processes, encouraging organizational growth, researching and identifying funding opportunities, and promoting the organization's mission and values to external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate for this role should possess excellent networking abilities, good people skills, exceptional communication skills, and time management skills. The noteworthy Development Assistant should enhance efficiency of administrative functions, sustain organizational growth, secure funding injections, maintain positive relations with donors, and ensure the integrity of development processes.
Development Assistant Responsibilities:
- Analyzing market trends and conditions.
- Maintaining relations with donors and clients.
- Creating and delivering presentations.
- Designing and detailing strategies.
- Building and maintaining client and donor databases.
- Supporting and improving fund-raising efforts.
- Enhancing overall development initiatives.
- Advising on operating procedures.
- Identifying and engaging with support agencies.
- Distributing public relations and prospect materials.
Development Assistant Requirements:
- Degree in Public Relations, Marketing, or Communication Science.
- Computer literacy.
- Networking skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Database management experience.
- Good fundraising track record.
- Analytical skills.