Also known as Development Associates, Development Assistants are tasked with advising on operating procedures, guiding fund-raising initiatives, liaising with donors, coordinating events, creating development calendars, maintaining databases, and identifying prospects.
The ideal candidate for this role should possess excellent organizational skills, good networking skills, and have good database management experience. Be wary of candidates with poor interpersonal skills, low energy levels, and poor communication skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Development Assistant Interview Questions
1. How do you handle or resolve issues with dissatisfied donors?
Look for candidates with good problem-solving skills and good conflict resolution techniques. Candidates should also ask donors and clients the right questions and be service-oriented.
2. How do you evaluate the effectiveness of fund-raising initiatives?
Look for candidates with strong analytical skills. Candidates should also highlight the value of getting feedback from staff and donors.
3. How do you stay abreast of changes in development policies and ethics?
Look for candidates that subscribe to various industry related publications. Candidates should also demonstrate good research skills.
4. What is your approach to researching and identifying potential donors and prospects?
Look for candidates that have a methodical approach to researching and employ various research tools. Candidates should also analyze donor data and accurately pair donor interests with the organization's mission and objectives.
5. How do you convince senior management to follow and execute an unpopular funding strategy?
Look for candidates with good communication and motivational skills. Candidates should also be able to measure risk against results and rewards.