Debt Collectors endeavor to procure unpaid dues from a company's defaulting clients. Many Debt Collectors are located in-house, though others are situated externally.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Debt Collector Job Description Template
We are searching for a tactical Debt Collector to oversee the prompt receipt of clients' overdue payments. The Debt Collector's responsibilities include spotlighting and contacting prominent defaulters, conceiving payment plans, and negotiating updated payment options. You should also inspect clients' adherence to these updated obligations.
To ensure success as a Debt Collector, you should possess polished tracking and strategizing techniques. Ultimately, a top-notch Debt Collector should be instinctive and calculated.
Debt Collector Responsibilities:
- Identifying deviations from predetermined payment plans.
- Calling and emailing defaulters to restate their dues.
- Locating fugitive defaulters through telephonic and desktop investigations.
- Proposing realistic, carefully-constructed payment plans.
- Negotiating newly-adjusted payment plans.
- Monitoring defaulters' repayments to stop recurrent non-compliance.
- Maintaining an updated, exhaustive paper trail.
- Instituting suitable, timely legal action, if needed.
Debt Collector Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- Receipt of a formally-recognized Finance qualification is ideal.
- Demonstrable history of gainful Debt Collection experience.
- Proficient in prevailing Accounting programs.
- Familiar with debt-related legal provisions.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Fine-tuned telephone etiquette.
- Discerning, attentive, and thorough.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources