A Collector recovers overdue payments on accounts by tracking debtors down, and by assisting them to arrange repayment plans and find other solutions. Ideal candidates are self-motivated, energetic and have excellent problem-solving skills. Avoid over-sensitive, lethargic candidates.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Collector Interview Questions
1. Could you give me examples from past experience where you were effective in employing legitimate means to track a missing client down?
The candidate's answer will demonstrate their proficiency in tracking clients down, which is an essential skill for a Collector.
2. How did you assist clients to make repayment plans in your previous position?
Listen carefully. The potential hire needs to show the ability to assist customers with making affordable repayment plans.
3. Could you recall an abusive client you encountered in the course of your work, and how did you deal with the person?
In performing their duties, Collectors may offend clients and face retaliation. The potential hire needs to display the ability to respond gracefully.
4. How do you motivate yourself?
For many people, being a Collector is not an emotionally rewarding position. The potential hire’s answer will show their ability to stay motivated.
5. Could you tell me about laws and regulations you have to comply with as a Collector?
The candidate's answer will show their knowledge and understanding of performing their duties in compliance with rules and guidelines.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources