Counter Sales personnel are the first employees that customers meet on entering the store or organization. They are responsible for handling the sales process, from the time of the first request to the execution of the order. Counter sales usually take place at fast food outlets and retail stores.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Counter Sales Job Description Template
We are looking for a result-driven Counter Salesperson to be responsible for the sales process from inception to the execution of the order. Your responsibilities include taking orders, answering questions relating to the order, receiving payment and executing the order. You should provide quick and efficient service, ensure maximum customer satisfaction, and resolve all queries professionally.
To be successful as a Counter Salesperson, you should provide excellent customer service, consistently maintain the image and vision of the organization, and achieve the sales goals of the company. An outstanding Counter Salesperson should display a positive attitude focusing on customer satisfaction, maintain an orderly appearance, and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
Counter Sales Responsibilities:
- Greeting customers and taking orders.
- Processing payments.
- Assisting customers with queries and providing solutions quickly.
- Possessing excellent product knowledge to inform and increase sales.
- Following up on orders to prevent delay and frustration.
- Updating the product inventory.
- Cleaning the customer area during quiet times to ensure a neat appearance.
- Ensuring that each customer leaves the store satisfied.
Counter Sales Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- Knowledge and use of cash register.
- On the job training.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good personal appearance.
- Conflict management skills preferred.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources