Cost Estimators gather and analyze data to estimate the amount of money, time, materials, and labor required to complete a construction project, provide a service or manufacture a product. Their job is to provide realistic estimates to ensure a project is completed on time and within budget.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Cost Estimator Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an experienced Cost Estimator to provide expert cost analysis services for our clients. In this role, you will be required to consult with clients and visit job sites, collect and analyze data, and provide accurate estimates of project costs including labor, production time, and materials.
To ensure success as a Cost Estimator, you should have in-depth knowledge of construction and mechanical processes, a good eye for detail, and advanced mathematical skills. A top-class Cost Estimator can see the big picture of a project and accurately estimate all costs involved.
Cost Estimator Responsibilities:
- Meeting with clients to discuss the scope and scale of the project.
- Traveling to job sites to gather information on materials, labor, and other factors.
- Collaborating with engineers, contractors, and architects.
- Consulting with industry experts to discuss cost estimates.
- Identifying and quantifying all cost factors involved in the project.
- Using computer software to calculate cost estimates.
- Preparing and presenting cost reports for clients.
- Reviewing expenditure statements during all phases of the project.
Cost Estimator Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or similar field.
- Proven work experience as a Cost Estimator.
- Advanced knowledge of construction and engineering processes.
- High-level mathematical skills.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Proficient with computer estimation software.
- Good project management skills.
- Ability to travel.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources