An Estimator, also known as a Cost Planner, collects and evaluates a company’s data in order to estimate the costs, resources, and labor needed to produce a service or product. Their duties include performing research, gathering quotations, preparing reports, and monitoring forecast plans.
Estimator Job Description Template:
Our company is currently in search of a highly-analytical and qualified Estimator to join our growing business. Your central goal will be to prepare accurate estimate reports for projects by gathering information, analyzing important metrics, and conducting regular risk assessments.
The ideal candidate will be fluent in mathematics and accounting, with in-depth knowledge of research and data analysis methods and estimation systems. In addition to being an excellent communicator, candidates should also be detail orientated with outstanding organizational skills.
- Collect different quotes from subcontractors, vendors, and suppliers.
- Analyze company data, monitor budgets and prices using software packages.
- Review and assess cost estimates.
- Identify labor, material, costs and time requirements by researching proposals, blueprints, and any related documents.
- Prepare detailed cost estimate reports.
- Conduct regular risk assessments.
- Oversee the different stages of a company project to ensure that expenses follow the forecast plan.
- Present complex and detailed reports to management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or relevant field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ as an Estimator or similar role.
- Outstanding mathematics and IT abilities.
- Proficient in relevant software including MS Office Suite.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources