Cost Estimators provide accurate estimations of the costs involved in completing a construction project, performing a service or manufacturing a product. They gather data at job sites and estimate the amount of time, materials, and labor that will be needed to complete a project.
When interviewing Cost Estimators, suitable candidates will have advanced knowledge of construction and mechanical processes, a good eye for detail, and excellent communication skills. Be wary of candidates with poor project management skills, and those who are not comfortable with frequent travel.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Cost Estimators:
1. What skills do you think Cost Estimators need to be successful?
Reveals the candidate’s temperament and inherent skills.
2. What techniques do you use to ensure all parts of a project are accounted for when completing estimation reports?
Demonstrates the candidate’s analytical skills.
3. How would you ensure estimation reports are easily readable and understood correctly?
Demonstrates the candidate’s writing and communication skills.
4. What would you do if the client asked for a complete reanalysis of all project costs?
Demonstrates how the candidate deals with stressful situations.
5. What was the most complex estimate you created for a client?
Reveals previous work experience and highlights the candidate’s skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources