Interview Questions for Cost Estimators:
1. What skills do you think cost estimators need to be successful?
Reveals the candidate’s temperament and inherent skills.
2. What techniques do you use to ensure all parts of a project are accounted for when completing estimation reports?
Demonstrates the candidate’s analytical skills.
3. How would you ensure estimation reports are easily readable and understood correctly?
Demonstrates the candidate’s writing and communication skills.
4. What would you do if the client asked for a complete reanalysis of all project costs?
Demonstrates how the candidate deals with stressful situations.
5. What was the most complex estimate you created for a client?
Reveals previous work experience and highlights the candidate’s skills.