Corporate accountants specialize in business accounting and are experts at ensuring that the financial records of a company comply with financial regulations, laws, and policies. Their duties include preparing financial documents, presenting annual audits, preparing monthly budgets, monitoring expenditures, and managing the cash flow of a company.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Corporate Accountant Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a dynamic corporate accountant to be responsible for auditing accounts and recording the business transactions of our company. In this role, you will prepare annual reports, present monthly financial statements, and provide financial advice based on data analysis to upper management.
To ensure success as a corporate accountant, you should be able to successfully communicate quantitative data to decision-makers. Ultimately, a top-notch corporate account should display exceptional knowledge best financial practices and business acumen.
Corporate Accountant Responsibilities:
- Preparing and managing annual audits and following financial regulations, laws, and policies.
- Preparing financial accounts for monthly review.
- Creating a monthly corporate and divisional budget for the company and monitoring expenditures.
- Analyzing company finances to determine risks and create forecast reports.
- Ensuring all tax records are correct and up to date.
- Ensuring all company accounts are accurately reconciled.
- Maintaining and updating fixed asset records.
- Managing company cash flow and bank balances.
- Overseeing both internal and external company audits.
- Assisting in quarterly reviews year-end progress reports.
Corporate Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, financial management, or similar.
- At least five years of experience working as a corporate accountant.
- Excellent understanding of best financial practices and accounting processes.
- Solid knowledge of accounting software, such as BuildSmart, Quickbooks, Xero, BQE Core, and Odoo.
- Ability to manage deadlines and work in a high-pressure environment.
- Display exemplary ethical behavior when working with confidential financial documents.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with staff members.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources