Compliance Engineer Job Description Template
We are searching for a candidate to manage compliance requirements for our organization. In this role, you will oversee risk-related projects, handle reporting channels, and sign-off on compliance-related documents. To ensure success as a compliance engineer, industry-specific experience and relevant technical qualifications are a must.
To be successful as a compliance engineer you will have a sound technical background and be up to date with the latest regulatory developments in the industry. The ideal person for this position requires solid analytical skills alongside the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and effectively to other employees and management.
Compliance Engineer Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the company's technical compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Conducting tests and studies into the company's product compliance.
- Producing reports on compliance testing, developments, and processes.
- Instituting best-practice procedures for compliance and risk mitigation.
- Developing strategies and implementation plans for compliance-related matters.
- Explaining and defining compliance protocols and measures to stakeholders and relevant authorities.
- Managing complaints and technical issues relating to product design and manufacturing.
- Advising management on compliance-related matters.
- Checking the status of various business operations to ensure compliance with regulations.
Compliance Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or similar.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience working as a compliance engineer.
- Proficiency in report writing, analysis, and compliance procedures.
- Thorough understanding of regulatory frameworks.
- Experience with product testing and process analysis.
- Skilled in business operations or project management.
- The ability to communicate complex ideas verbally and in writing.
- Solid technical knowledge and understanding of product/process design.
- Problem-solving abilities are essential.