A Compliance Coordinator helps businesses by ensuring that a company’s operations and its employees adhere to the laws that regulate that particular industry. They provide audit information to management by researching and analyzing data, preparing reports, conducting risk assessments and enforcing corrective action where necessary.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Compliance Coordinator Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a Compliance Coordinator with excellent organizational and analytical skills. Compliance Coordinators are expected to be well organized, detailed oriented, have strong problem-solving skills, work comfortably under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines.
To ensure success, Compliance Coordinators should be confident, professional and self-motivated with a keen interest in the ethical, legal and regulatory requirements of a business. Top candidates will have outstanding presentation and report writing skills, with the ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
Compliance Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Identifying and assessing areas of significant business risk.
- Managing and reporting compliance breaches and exposures.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining internal audit policies and procedures in accordance with local and international best practice.
- Reviewing all new products, systems or processes to ensure compliance.
- Conducting ad hoc investigations into identified or reported risks.
- Supporting various departments by collecting and coordinating internal compliance data with auditors and various departments.
- Ensuring complete, accurate and timely audit information is reported to Management and/or Risk Committees.
Compliance Coordinator Requirements:
- Completed degree in Risk Management, Law or Audit (essential).
- Postgraduate degree in Risk or Compliance (highly advantageous).
- Accreditation with the International Compliance Association (highly advantageous).
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Compliance role (essential).
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent documentation, communication and IT skills.