Compliance Coordinator Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a compliance coordinator with excellent organizational and analytical skills. Compliance coordinators are expected to be well organized, detailed oriented, have strong problem-solving skills, work comfortably under pressure, and deliver on tight deadlines.
To ensure success, the compliance coordinators should be confident, professional, and self-motivated with a keen interest in the ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements of a business. Top candidates will have outstanding presentation and report writing skills, with the ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
Compliance Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Identifying and assessing areas of significant business risk.
- Managing and reporting compliance breaches and exposures.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining internal audit policies and procedures in accordance with local and international best practices.
- Reviewing all new products, systems, or processes to ensure compliance.
- Conducting ad hoc investigations into identified or reported risks.
- Supporting various departments by collecting and coordinating internal compliance data with auditors and various departments.
- Ensuring complete, accurate, and timely audit information is reported to Management and/or Risk Committees.
Compliance Coordinator Requirements:
- Completed degree in risk management, law, or audit (essential).
- Postgraduate degree in risk or compliance (highly advantageous).
- Accreditation with the International Compliance Association (highly advantageous).
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a Compliance role (essential).
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent documentation, communication, and IT skills.