Interview Questions for Collections Managers:
1. What control measures do you think are essential in a collections department?
Reveals more about the candidate’s knowledge of the functions of a collections department.
2. What have you found to be the most effective way to collect outstanding payments?
Tests the candidate’s innovation and negotiation skills.
3. How would you handle a customer refusing to pay interest on late payments?
Assesses the candidate’s interpersonal skills.
4. What training would you suggest for new collection officers?
Examines the candidate’s knowledge of staff requirements.
5. When would you hand over arrear accounts to the legal department?
Tests the candidate’s handling of delinquent accounts.