Claims Processors, also known as Claims Clerks, work in the insurance industry and are responsible for handling insurance claims. They review claim submissions, obtain and verify information, correspond with insurance agents and beneficiaries, and process claim payments.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Claims Processor Job Description Template
We are looking for a detail-oriented Claims Processor to join our insurance team. You will be responsible for preparing claim forms, verifying information, and corresponding with agents and beneficiaries. You will also handle client inquiries, review policies, determine coverage, calculate claim amounts, and process payments.
To be successful as a Claims Processor, you should have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. You should also be able to work under pressure and perform a range of clerical functions with great attention to detail.
Claims Processor Responsibilities:
- Communicating with insurance agents and beneficiaries.
- Preparing claim forms and related documentation.
- Reviewing claim submissions and verifying the information.
- Recording and maintaining insurance policy and claims information in a database system.
- Determining policy coverage and calculating claim amounts.
- Processing claim payments.
- Complying with federal, state, and company regulations and policies.
- Performing other clerical tasks, as required.
Claims Processor Requirements:
- At least 2 years of experience as a Claims Processor or in a related role.
- Working knowledge of the insurance industry and relevant federal and state regulations.
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Office.
- Excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Good administrative and organizational skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- High attention to detail.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources