Chief Information Security Officer Job Description Template
We are looking for a highly motivated chief information security officer to develop and implement a comprehensive information security strategy for our company. You will also ensure that the IT security system adheres to regulatory requirements and analyze threats to the computer system in real-time.
To be a successful chief information security officer, you should have a comprehensive knowledge of possible IT security risks and mitigate them. Ultimately, a top-notch chief information security officer should prepare the company for potential cyber-attacks and have a keen interest in business development.
Chief Information Security Officer Responsibilities:
- Working with all business units to determine possible risks and risk management processes.
- Business development planning and acquiring the correct technology.
- Analyzing IT security threats in real-time and mitigating these threats.
- Ensuring that newly-acquired technology complies with the IT security regulations.
- Planning, designing, and implementing an IT and network strategy for the company.
- Managing the continuous maintenance of the IT network to ensuring optimum security levels are maintained.
- Sourcing the necessary hardware and software to implement the IT strategy, and negotiating contracts.
- Ensuring that no internal breaches or misuse of data take place.
- Determining the cause of internal and external data breaches and instituting appropriate corrective action.
- Presenting regular feedback reports on IT network security to the board of directors.
Chief Information Security Officer Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field. An MBA is preferable.
- A minimum of seven years' experience in risk management, information security, or programming.
- An exceptional understanding of scripting and source code programming languages, such as C#, C++, .NET, and Java.
- Knowledge of information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001 and NIST.
- Experience in financial forecasting and budget management.
- Outstanding negotiation skills for negotiating contracts and IT support services to be rendered.
- Excellent understanding of current legislation and regulations relevant to our organization.
- Excellent project management and leadership skills.
- First-rate written and verbal communication skills.