Interview Questions for Chief Information Security Officer:
1. Have you made mistakes as an ISO, and how did you solve them?
Reveals more about the candidate’s risk mitigation processes and abilities.
2. How will you break down technical jargon to staff members without an IT background?
Tests the candidate’s communication skills.
3. What new technology would you recommend we implement to improve our computer network?
Assesses the candidate’s knowledge of current technology and the company.
4. How important is being cost-efficient when you implement a new information security strategy?
Examines the candidate’s commitment to finding the best solution within a specific budget.
5. Can you give us an example of a security issue you had to solve and how you solved it?
Tests the candidate’s innovation and problem-solving abilities.