Chief Human Resources Officer Job Description Template
We are searching for an innovative and pragmatic chief human resources officers to lead our HR team. In this role, you will work alongside executives and staff to analyze and improve existing HR policies and procedures, ensure strategies align with objectives, and secure and retain excellent talent.
To be successful as a chief human resources officers, you should demonstrate a sound understanding of corporate culture and excellent planning and organizational skills. Ideal candidates should have an eye for talent, excellent branding knowledge, and great interpersonal skills.
Chief Human Resources Officer Responsibilities:
- Analyzing and evaluating existing strategies, policies, and procedures, and reforming them with the help of executives and staff.
- Creating new training and development programs.
- Leading recruitment efforts and sitting in on interviews with potential hires.
- Supervising junior and senior staff and scheduling meetings with them.
- Contributing to a healthy corporate culture that supports growth and equal opportunity.
- Keeping abreast of government regulations and public policies and accordingly amending company policies.
- Assisting with the organization of team-building and staff development activities.
- Brainstorming and implementing incentives that increase staff morale and productivity.
- Acting as an excellent brand ambassador at all times.
Chief Human Resources Officer Requirements:
- Master’s degree in human resources, strategic management, business administration, or a related field.
- Ph.D. may be preferred.
- Senior professional in human resources (SPHR) certificate, human resource information professional (HRIP) certificate or similar may be advantageous.
- Experience in both junior and senior HR roles.
- Working knowledge of HR software such as BambooHR, Greenhouse, and Crelate Talent.
- Sound knowledge of labor laws and HR functions.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- The ability to engage with personnel at all levels of employment.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.