Chemistry Teachers help students learn about compounds, elements, molecules, atoms, ions, and chemical reactions. They are employed in high schools and typically use their skills to educate and inspire students. Chemistry teachers may also develop syllabi, oversee experiments, and accompany students on field trips.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Chemistry Teacher Job Description Template
We are searching for a dependable Chemistry Teacher to join our faculty. The Chemistry Teacher’s responsibilities include teaching students about chemical elements, compounds, and reactions, supervising investigations and experiments, developing rapport, and maintaining good relationships with students and parents. You should also attend ongoing education programs and strive to keep students engaged.
To be successful as a Chemistry Teacher, you should demonstrate sound knowledge of Chemistry. Outstanding candidates are able to apply scientific principles to real-life situations and can successfully teach students with different interests and aptitudes.
Chemistry Teacher Responsibilities:
- Understanding the curriculum and developing schedules, lesson plans, and teaching methods that will help students cover the required content.
- Preparing and delivering lessons that are stimulating and clear.
- Educating students on lab safety and ensuring all experiments are carried out responsibly.
- Setting up tests, assignments, experiments, and grading students fairly.
- Ensuring appropriate resources and consultation times are available to students.
- Mentoring and providing support to student teachers.
- Attending staff and parent meetings, conferences, workshops, and other continuing education programs.
- Informing and preparing students for science fairs and expos.
- Handling various administration functions, which include updating student records and keeping track of lab supplies, tools, and equipment.
- Ensuring a safe, healthy classroom environment where learning can take place.
Chemistry Teacher Requirements:
- Degree in Chemistry or a related discipline.
- Relevant certification may be required.
- A completed apprenticeship would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of teaching styles recommended.
- Excellent interpersonal, as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Ability to inspire and motivate students.
- Strong multitasking skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources