Cake Decorator Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a skilled cake decorator to design and decorate cakes according to customers' specifications and preferences. The cake decorator's responsibilities include taking customers' cake orders, recording instructions and special requests, providing suitable recommendations on cake decorations and designs, and packaging bakery items. You should also be able to store all bakery products in accordance with proper product handling procedures to ensure freshness and prevent contamination.
To be successful as a cake decorator, you should keep abreast of the latest styles, techniques, and trends in cake decoration. Ultimately, a top-notch cake decorator should be able to demonstrate creativity, attention to detail, and excellent customer service skills.
Cake Decorator Responsibilities:
- Consulting with customers to discuss desired cake designs and cake decorating ideas for specialty cakes.
- Designing and decorating cakes according to customers' specifications.
- Decorating regular bakery items according to established bakery standards.
- Assisting baking staff with the production of standard bakery items.
- Producing different kinds of icing, frosting, and cake fillings based on cake type and customer preferences.
- Ensuring that the display refrigerators are cleaned, polished, and fully stocked with cakes, pastries, and desserts.
- Taking inventory of baking and decorating supplies and ordering new stock as required.
- Cleaning and sanitizing all work areas and ovens as well as baking and decorating equipment.
Cake Decorator Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven baking and cake decorating experience.
- The ability to use various cake decorating instruments and tools.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- Artistic and creative.
- Basic numeracy skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.