Cake Decorators may own cake decorating businesses or work for bakeries where they design and decorate cakes for special occasions. Some Cake Decorators bake specialty cakes in addition to decorating them, while others are solely responsible for decorating them.
When interviewing Cake Decorators, the most suitable candidate will demonstrate creativity, efficiency, and sound knowledge of different cake decorating techniques. Be wary of candidates who lack enthusiasm and have poor communication and customer service skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Cake Decorators:
1. Which frosting methods do you prefer using?
Demonstrates the candidate's knowledge of different cake decorating techniques as well as experience.
2. What do you do in situations where customers are dissatisfied with their specialty cake orders?
Demonstrates the candidate's communication and customer service skills.
3. What do you think is the most difficult aspect of cake decorating?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge and experience.
4. What would you do if a distressed customer came into the bakery requesting a complex cake for a wedding the next day?
Demonstrates the candidate's communication, customer service, and problem-solving skills.
5. What would you do if a customer requested a cake design you had never attempted before?
Demonstrates the candidate's honesty as well as communication and customer service skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources