Building Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced building manager to oversee the daily operations of several commercial properties. You will be responsible for ensuring the safety and security of building tenants, coordinating and managing maintenance and repair activities, and liaising with vendors to ensure smooth daily building operations.
To be successful as a building manager, you should have excellent organizational and project management skills and ensure that your assigned properties are in compliance with applicable regulations and building codes. A top-notch building manager should be able to respond to and resolve any issues reported by tenants efficiently.
Building Manager Responsibilities:
- Coordinating and overseeing regular building maintenance and repairs.
- Managing and directing cleaning and security staff and activities.
- Preparing and carrying out emergency protocols and procedures.
- Maintaining a safe environment for building occupants and visitors.
- Preparing and monitoring maintenance budgets.
- Negotiating and liaising with third-party service providers.
- Conducting regular building inspections and preparing reports.
- Ensuring facilities are in compliance with applicable policies, regulations, and building codes.
- Responding to inquiries and requests by building tenants and resolving any problems or issues.
Building Manager Requirements:
- GED or high school diploma.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, real estate management, or a related field preferred.
- BOMA certification preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience as a building manager or in a similar role.
- Knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, and building codes.
- Excellent project management and negotiation skills.
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.