Big Data Engineers are responsible for designing, installing, and maintaining a company’s Big Data infrastructure and tools. Their job is to assess the needs of the company and create scalable and secure data pipelines that can serve multiple users.
When interviewing Big Data Engineers, suitable candidates will have in-depth knowledge of Hadoop environments, advanced project management skills, and the ability to solve complex software issues. Be wary of candidates with poor communication skills and those with limited knowledge of scripting languages.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Big Data Engineers:
1. Can you explain what Big Data means to you?
Shows an understanding of Big Data and its uses.
2. What scripting languages are you most familiar with?
Reveals knowledge of advanced software scripting tools.
3. What are the three main characteristics of Big Data?
Reveals a deeper understanding of Big Data.
4. What information is required before creating Big Data solutions for a company?
Demonstrates the candidate’s communication and analytical skills.
5. What Big Data systems have you created in your previous work?
Reveals previous work experience and highlights the candidate’s skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources