Interview Questions for Associate Editors:
1. Is it ever okay to write in the passive voice?
Explores the candidate's knowledge of style and grammar conventions.
2. How would you approach editing work on a subject that you know little about?
Investigates the candidate's approach to difficult editing tasks.
3. How would you go about fact-checking an article?
Highlights the candidate's process in a key area of competency.
4. What kind of topics would you suggest our company write about?
Tests the candidate's ability to creatively approach a task.
5. What tools have you used in the past for writing and editing?
Reveals the candidate's technological abilities and proficiency with technological writing aids.