Assistant Controllers support the controller in the finance or accounting department. They typically prepare financial statements in accordance with official regulations and are involved in the implementation of internal controls.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Assistant Controller Job Description Template
We are looking for a responsible and detail-oriented Assistant Controller to work under the direction of a controller and assist with the preparation of financial statements, budget reports and internal control systems. The Assistant Controller's duties also include managing payroll, accounts payable/receivable, reconciling accounts and assisting with financial audits. You must be able to work independently and with the highest levels of integrity.
To be successful as an Assistant Controller you should have exceptional accounting skills and knowledge of relevant industry regulations. The ideal candidate will also be well-organized and have excellent management skills.
Assistant Controller Responsibilities:
- Preparing and consolidating financial statements and reports.
- Assisting with the development and evaluation of budgets and preparing budget reports.
- Supporting the formulation and implementation of control systems within the organization.
- Overseeing accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll, identifying discrepancies and reconciling accounts.
- Supporting the accounting department with all aspects of the general ledger.
- Ensuring strict compliance with company and regulatory standards.
- Preparing and managing accounts using various software programs.
- Preparing and assisting with audits.
- Following changes in regulations and compiling reports regarding compliance issues, standards and accounting practices.
Assistant Controller Requirements:
- Degree in accounting, finance or in a related field.
- Previous experience as an accountant, assistant controller or in a similar role.
- Professional certification such as CPA, CFM or CMA preferred.
- Excellent understanding of GAAP and relevant financial accounting regulations.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of accounting software programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent math and accounting skills.
- Strong supervisory and management skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources