Apartment Maintenance Technician Job Description
We are searching for a reliable apartment maintenance technician to oversee the day-to-day running of our apartment building. The apartment maintenance technician's responsibilities include cleaning communal areas, and performing ad hoc painting, electrical, and carpentry duties. You should also resolve tenants' maintenance-related queries and complaints as they arise.
To be successful as an apartment maintenance technician, you should demonstrate an organized, thorough approach to your duties. Ultimately, an outstanding apartment maintenance technician will remain abreast of technological advances that could facilitate their functions in this role.
Apartment Maintenance Technician Responsibilities:
- Oiling door knobs, locks, hinges, and gates, as required.
- Repairing and unclogging toilets, sinks, bathtubs, showers, and exterior drains.
- Replacing carpets and wooden floors.
- Installing and repairing wires, plugs, and switches.
- Sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming floors in communal areas.
- Painting communal areas and exterior walls.
- Disposing of trash found in communal areas.
- Tracking inventory to ensure that you have adequate maintenance supplies.
- Ensuring that fire extinguishers, hydrants, alarms, and emergency exits remain in excellent working condition at all times.
- Unlocking apartments in instances where tenants have lost or forgotten their keys.
- Scheduling repairs that warrant special technical skills.
Apartment Maintenance Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience as an apartment maintenance technician or in a similar role.
- HVAC, CMRP, or equivalent certification will be advantageous.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds without assistance.
- Dexterity and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Available to work on weekends, if required.