Alarm Technician Job Description Template
We are looking for a detail-oriented problem-solver to join our team as an alarm technician. You will be installing and maintaining a range of alarm systems, analyzing blueprints and plans, and finding and repairing any malfunctions.
To ensure success as an alarm technician, you should demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills, knowledge of safety codes and regulations, and experience with a variety of alarm systems.
Alarm Technician Responsibilities:
- Making sure all work complies with relevant codes and regulations.
- Completing all assignments.
- Performing inspections and diagnosing any problems.
- Completing full installations.
- Travelling occasionally to customer locations.
- Reading, understanding, and following product manuals.
- Educating customers on care and maintenance.
- Writing service and status reports.
- Analyzing plans.
- Testing all features and equipment to ensure optimum functioning.
Alarm Technician Requirements:
- Associate or technical degree.
- Certification from the Electronic Security Association or the National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies.
- Track record of excellent customer service.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Alarm system experience.
- Valid driver's license.
- Willingness to work after hours and on weekends.