Admissions Counselors primarily work with students at high schools and colleges or universities to recruit students, promote their school, and assist with admissions paperwork. They will also work to improve the school's visibility by holding or joining recruiting events and maintaining professional networks.
When interviewing Admissions Counselors, look for candidates who demonstrate a solid working knowledge of college and university programs, admissions requirements as well as scholarship and financial aid resources. Be wary of candidates who lack organizational, planning, and multi-tasking abilities.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Admissions Counselors:
1. How would you evaluate a school'd admissions program?
Demonstrates candidates' industry knowledge and ability to manage an admissions program.
2. What student evaluation method have you found works best?
Illustrates candidates' work experience and familiarity with admission requirements.
3. What do you think is the most important role of an Admissions Counselor?
Demonstrates candidates' understanding of the role as well as their critical thinking skills.
4. What steps would you take to assist a student in need of financial aid?
Showcases candidates' knowledge of financial aid resources as well as their ability to guide students in need.
5. How would you sell our school to a room of high school seniors?
Illustrates candidates' recruiting techniques as well as their interpersonal and communication skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources