Accounting Administrator Job Description Template
We are looking for a dynamic accounting administrator to manage our company's financial processes. Your duties will include documenting invoices, running payroll, and managing the flow of petty cash. You will also be required to update accounting databases and report any financial discrepancies to management.
To ensure success as an accounting administrator, you should possess financial acumen and attention to detail. Ultimately, a top-notch accounting administrator should be able to process a high volume of finance-related data swiftly and accurately.
Accounting Administrator Responsibilities:
- Managing company assets and financial expenditures.
- Preparing financial documents such as invoices, tax filings, and monthly profit reports.
- Maintaining files on account receivables and updating records as required.
- Managing the flow of petty cash by recording all monetary transactions.
- Ensuring that suppliers are informed of any changes to service agreements and payment options.
- Updating management on any financial discrepancies found during tax filing or invoicing duties.
- Archiving financial documentation and updating accounting databases on a monthly or annual basis.
- Adhering to best practices in accounting, as outlined by industry experts and espoused by the company.
Accounting Administrator Requirements:
- Associate's degree in accounting, business, administration, or similar.
- At least one year of accounting experience.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Office and Outlook.
- A solid understanding of financial processes such as bookkeeping and tax filing.
- Basic math skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining accuracy.
- The ability to collaborate with coworkers, clients, and suppliers.