XML Developer Job Description Template
We are looking for a results-oriented XML developer to optimize our web-based document sharing processes. You will be transmitting programs across our network, defining XML rules for document sharing, and providing back-end support.
To ensure success as an XML developer, you should demonstrate extensive knowledge of programming languages and backend tools, and API experience. A top-notch XML developer will be someone whose programming expertise translates into optimized content sharing and collaboration across web-based platforms.
XML Developer Responsibilities:
- Consulting with managers and analyzing processes to determine XML needs.
- Optimizing the provision of virtual content across our web-based platforms.
- Defining XML rules for documents shared via the web.
- Writing XML commands to transmit programs across our networks.
- Reducing data redundancy by allowing content management systems to store all document formats.
- Applying relevant sets of rules to enable B2B data exchanges and enabling WML-based applications to exchange data on mobile devices.
- Running diagnostic tests, resolving errors, and providing back-end support.
- Writing Java API applications, developing and managing XML transformations, and executing Agile development tools.
- Documenting XML development processes, XML schema definitions, rules, and standards, as well as preparing progress reports.
- Keeping informed of advancements in XML development.
XML Developer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer information systems, or similar.
- XML certification preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience as an XML developer.
- Extensive programming experience in developing data-driven, web applications.
- In-depth knowledge of programming languages such as SQL, Java, HTML, and CSS.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent collaboration and communication abilities.
- Great organizational and time management skills.