XML developers use extensible markup language (XML) to create documents in formats that can be read by humans, processed by machines, and shared via the web. They allow applications to communicate with each other via Application Programming Interface (API) software, write XML commands for all shared document formats, and manage XML transformations.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
XML Developer Job Description Template
We are looking for a results-oriented XML developer to optimize our web-based document sharing processes. You will be transmitting programs across our network, defining XML rules for document sharing, and providing back-end support.
To ensure success as an XML developer, you should demonstrate extensive knowledge of programming languages and backend tools, and API experience. A top-notch XML developer will be someone whose programming expertise translates into optimized content sharing and collaboration across web-based platforms.
XML Developer Responsibilities:
- Consulting with managers and analyzing processes to determine XML needs.
- Optimizing the provision of virtual content across our web-based platforms.
- Defining XML rules for documents shared via the web.
- Writing XML commands to transmit programs across our networks.
- Reducing data redundancy by allowing content management systems to store all document formats.
- Applying relevant sets of rules to enable B2B data exchanges and enabling WML-based applications to exchange data on mobile devices.
- Running diagnostic tests, resolving errors, and providing back-end support.
- Writing Java API applications, developing and managing XML transformations, and executing Agile development tools.
- Documenting XML development processes, XML schema definitions, rules, and standards, as well as preparing progress reports.
- Keeping informed of advancements in XML development.
XML Developer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer information systems, or similar.
- XML certification preferred.
- A minimum of three years' experience as an XML developer.
- Extensive programming experience in developing data-driven web applications.
- In-depth knowledge of programming languages such as SQL, Java, HTML, and CSS.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent collaboration and communication abilities.
- Great organizational and time management skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources